Automotive engineering comprises of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and safety engineering as functional to the design, manufacture and operation of motorcycles, automobiles, buses and trucks and their relevant engineering subsystems. Thus, the recruitment is this field has to be specified and under particular parameters. Thus, one should choose a specialized Engineering Recruitment Agency to do the needful.
Automotive engineers work in three main areas:
· product engineering or design engineering - designing and testing a part, pertaining it meets all its requirements and executes as required;
· development engineering - engineering the attributes of the automobile;
· manufacturing engineering - determining how to make it.
Once established, automotive engineers usually specialize in a particular area, for example structural design, exhaust systems or engines. They are usually involved in at least one of three general areas of employment - research, design or testing. In smaller, independent engineering firms, automotive engineers may do all three of these tasks.
Typical work activities
Automotive engineers usually specialize in a particular area of work. However, as per professional recruitment consultants typical work activities may include:
· designing and producing visual interpretations of automobiles and their components using computer-aided design packages;
· deciding on the most appropriate materials for component production;
· pertaining mechanical, thermodynamic, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical principles to resolve engineering problems and find appropriate solutions;
· structuring prototypes of components, developing test procedures and conducting tests using software packages and physical testing methods;
· researching, designing and developing machinery and systems for automobiles;
· preparing material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications;
· revising the energy, environmental and safety aspects of the planned work;
· supervising and inspecting the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems in industrial facilities or plants;
· investigating mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems;
· guiding technicians, technologists and other engineers, and reviewing and approving designs, calculations and cost estimates;
· mediating with suppliers and handling supply chain management issues;
· captivating responsibility for individual projects, managing associated budgets, production schedules and resources (including staff), and supervising quality control;
· examining and even test driving vehicles and checking for faults.
There is a wide range of career options open to automotive engineers. It is possible to advance to supervisory and senior management positions within a company or to specialize in a particular area. With experience, it is possible to progress to senior engineer roles, project team management, general management and recruitment consultancy.
For more details you may consult expert Engineering Employment Firms like MM Enterprises